Carson City, NEV. – Nevada’s Sesquicentennial is celebrating Veterans Day with statewide events taking place throughout the week. Nevada residents and visitors are invited to join the celebration and demonstrate patriotism by honoring those who have fought for Nevada and the Country’s freedoms. Following is a listing of statewide Veterans Day events that kicks-off Nov. 8 and continue through Nov. 17:
- Nov. 8-10: Laughlin Veterans Festival. Tropicana Hotel & Casino in Laughlin. http://www.laughlinveteransfestival.com/ 702-795-7772.
- Nov. 8-10: Annual Veterans Day Powwow. Kenneth Crawford Gymnasium. 100 Academic Way in Owyhee. http://www.shopaitribes.org/spt-15/images/stories/pdf/Veterans%20Powwow%202013.pdf 775-757-2201.
- Nov 8-11: Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall. Tropicana Hotel & Casino in Laughlin. http://www.avtt.org/ 903-561-9888.
- Nov 9-11: Fee-Free Days on Federal Land and National Parks. Nationwide and Statewide. http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm or http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en.html.
- Nov 9-11: Veterans Day Quilting Retreat. Whitney Peak Hotel. 255 N. Virginia St. in Reno. http://joshuashands.org/Reno_Quilting_Retreat.html 775-398-5470.
- Nov. 10-17: 1000 Flags Over Mesquite. Recreation West Field at 100 W. Old Mill Road in Mesquite. http://www.mesquitenv.gov 702-346-5295.
- Sunday Nov. 10: Veterans Day Breakfast. Battle Mountain Civic Center. 625 S Broad St. in Battle Mountain. http://battlemountainchamber.com/home.htm. 775-340-2520
- Sunday Nov. 10: 3rd Annual Las Vegas National Veterans Day Run. Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs, 9200 Tule Springs Road in Las Vegas. http://www.veteransdayrun.com/run/las-vegas 702-229-8100.
- Monday Nov. 11: Las Vegas Veterans Day Parade. Downtown Las Vegas. http://www.veteransparadelv.com/ 702-384-4161.
- Monday Nov. 11: Elko County Veterans Day Parade. Downtown Elko. http://www.elkocountynv.net/veteran_s_day_parade.html 775-738-5398.
- Monday Nov. 11: Virginia City Veterans Day Parade. C Street in Virginia City. http://www.visitvirginiacitynv.com 775-847-7500
- Monday Nov. 11: Reno Veterans Day Parade. Downtown Reno. http://www.reno.gov/ 775-334-4636.
- Monday Nov. 11: Veterans Day Ceremony at the Southern Nevada Veterans Home; Governor Sandoval will keynote the event that begins at 1:30 p.m. 100 Veterans Memorial Highway in Boulder City. http://www.veterans.nv.gov 702-332-6784
- Monday Nov. 11: Veterans Day Ceremony. Southern Nevada Veterans Home. 100 Veterans Memorial Highway in Boulder City. http://www.veterans.nv.gov 702-332-6784
- Monday Nov. 11: Honoring Nevada’s Native American Veterans 5K Fun Run/Walk. Pyramid Lake Marina 2500 Lakeview Drive in Sutcliffe. http://www.plpt.nsn.us 775-453-3919.
For more information about Nevada 150 and events happening in your area, visit www.nevada150.org.
Please share your Nevada photos or story through any of Nevada 150’s social media platforms using the hashtag #NV150:
ABOUT NEVADA 150
Nevada’s Sesquicentennial, the 150th anniversary of Nevada’s admission to the Union, will provide opportunities for celebration and reflection as we come together statewide to commemorate our shared history and build a foundation of cultural appreciation for generations to come. Nevada’s one of a kind and diverse history will be celebrated throughout the state for an entire year in order to promote pride in the shared heritage of Nevadans. Nevada’s Sesquicentennial celebration will commence on Nevada Day 2013 and conclude with an expanded Nevada Day celebration October, 2014. For more information, please visit www.Nevada150.org.
Tiffany East, The Glenn Group
(775) 686-7777, (775) 250-8092 email@example.com