After 136 years, the End of the Rainbow Ranch has returned to its original use. When Jaime Bradshaw started the ranch north of Las Vegas in 1873, he raised fruits and vegetables to feed workers at the Delamar Mining Camp. The ranch became a range and cattle operation during the 50’s. Now grandson Don Bradshaw and great-grandson Loren operate a certified organic apple orchard on 50 acres with 2,000 apple trees of four varieties. The general public can pick their own apples and enjoy the two lakes with their sparkling clean water on this historic ranch. In 2009, the End of the Rainbow Ranch was a recipient of the Nevada Centennial Award Ranch & Farm Award.
This entry is from the Nevada Centennial Awards Ranch & Farm Program which recognizes agricultural families who have owned and operated the same land in Nevada for 100 years or more. Forty-seven families have now been inducted into the program that began in 2004. The awards program is sponsored by the Nevada Agriculture Plate funds, Farm Bureau, Agricultural Foundation, Nevada Department of Agriculture, Cattlemen’s Association and USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service. For more information about the Nevada Centennial Awards Ranch & Farm Program please visit http://agri.nv.gov/.